Monday, October 27, 2008


Football and Halloween.

Ok, so in that order. Football. My nephew Quin is awesome. That's all I can say. This kid has been through a lot in the past couple of years, and where he is now is amazing to me. Plus, he is a killer football player. I went to his game on Saturday in Fergus Falls against Rocori. If you'd like to see the full version, you may want to read the local paper : http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/news/2008/oct/25/otters-make-short-work-rocori-advance-section-8-4a/?local.

Ok, I lied. .One quick quote from the paper:
And what a defense it was. Led up front by defensive linemen Quinten Ulschmid and Adam Schueller, the Otters allowed just yards rushing. The linebackers flew to the ball on every play, and the defensive backs shut down the Spartan passing game until well into the fourth quarter.
Ulschmid said a shutout would have been nice, but what counts most is the win.

“It was amazing to see the defense come together like that,” he said. “The shutout was our goal, but what a huge win, especially for the last game on this field for the seniors. We’ve made a lot of good memories on this field, and it was great to make one more.”


But my version is this: The Fergus Falls Otters are amazing. They have fabulous sportsmanship and incredible offense and defense. And of course, my nephew Quin is the best player on the team. (Well, that's my opinion. The quarterback and a few other guys helped out too. Oh, and the guy who ran 97 YARDS FOR A TOUCHDOWN!) I am officially on the Fergus Falls Otters Fan Club. Now on to St. John's for the next pummeling! Go Otters! (And doesn't Rikki look amazing in these photos? She is so cute.)





Alright, so on to HALLOWEEN! WOo oOoO (spooky noises...)
So my kids won't be anything remotely scary this year. A puppy and Han Solo. BUT, beware of me! I bought some vampire teeth, and if they don't impede my speech too much, I will be wearing them ALL DAY. I love Halloween. I can already hear my self "Gooth Afthernoon, thith ith Anthrea..." Ha Ha. My co-workers will love that.




So last night we carved our pumpkins! (Man, I love the internet. Ideas are all over the place.) Sean was especially pumped to get that little saw into the pumpkin. His is the large mouth one with 2 big teeth. I did the other 2 (of course). Trent was the official "scooper-outer", which he is fabulous at. (If you know Trent, you KNOW how clean the inside of those pumpkins were.) Will really wanted to help, but 2-year olds and mini-saws don't mix. So he just did his best scary face after we were all done. He is so hilarious.

Stay tuned for more pics this week. I will most certainly be posting adorable costume photos... :)

1 comment:

Hope said...

Awesome Pumpkins!!! Can you do mine?? They are still waiting. I'm such a bad mom!