Sunday, November 16, 2008

Because I like to fiddle with Photoshop, and because people like to see my kids being themselves...

Ok, so today we had this beautiful lilting snow. Wonderful white flakes falling down that were especially pretty. What a better time to get the Christmas card photos done, right?!? So I busted out my new lens (sweeeeeet) and after Sunday school drove the kids over to a field by our house (same one as the summer family pic... different spot). Just told them to walk down the path and I'd take some shots. Trying to be cool about it so as not to get the big "cheese" grins. This is the first shot I took. So I played with it a bit in Photoshop (what fun it is to do all these overlays... I'll be sad when this goes out of style...) So you say to yourselves "Ah, what a great photo!" (Click on this photo to see it bigger).



But in reality, 95% of my photos were more like this one:


Truly my kids, being themselves. Will being a ham, as usual. Sean looking contemplative and serious. THESE ARE MY TRUE CHILDREN. So when you get your Christmas card in the mail this year (done waaaay earlier than usual... woohoo!). They may be somewhere in between the two. (Darn cute anyway.) Look for them in your mailbox in about another 2-3 weeks I suppose. Enjoy these for now. :)

6 comments:

Hollee said...

I love photoshop, also! But I'm not nearly as talented as you!

The pics are adorable! :) Love the second one, your boys totally remind me of my own - their personalities seem very similar - must be a birth order thing! :)

Oh - and Jake's jacket is read and black and Roberts is blue, yellow and black! :) Coincidence?

Anonymous said...

You rock! The second one is PERFECT.

I have a great one of my kids fighting in front of Mt. Rushmore - I was yelling at them all to pipe down and stop pushing and pinching and stomping on each others' feet and to just generally act like they LOVED EACH OTHER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Then realized how stupid I sounded when I saw some onlookers laughing.

Gotta love kids! And totally gotta love that Photoshop work... Is that a filter?

The Baumanns said...

Not a filter... just a bunch of different textures overalyed with different blending modes and such. I think there may even be some animal hair in there. Seriously! It looks like brush strokes. So cool.

Ginger said...

I honestly laughed out loud at the second one! I am glad no one is in the office this afternoon because I totally hate being caught laughing at my computer!!! The first on is very cool!

The Petersons said...

I'll be waiting by the mailbox. Love both the pictures...your kids are a hoot!

Hope said...

LOVE LOVE the pictures. Very interested in how you did your overlays. If you have time sometime...shoot me an email with details. Congrats on getting the cards done. Still thinking about mine...what to do...