Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Review


Outside at my Mom & Dad's Place

Sean & Will in the afterglow of presents

Quin & Will

Ok, so I'm going to do a brief run down as today I had an active toddler (guess who) fall off the couch, and consequently hurt his little shoulder. (I really heard a slight "pop"... but I think he'd fine.) He's asleep right now, but my blogging could come to an abrupt end at any moment.

The Baumanns first had there own Christmas in Brainerd. We opened gifts on the evening of the 23rd. The boys had a blast, of course. Lots of toys and such. They stayed up late and ate too much sugar. What are the holidays for?

Next we traveled to Vergas to see my family on the 24th. Good food, some hot buttered rum (YUM), and it was wonderful to see the family.
Beautiful William in the Morning with Bed Head


Susie & Sean playing with the Star Wars Legos


Cody & Deuce became Friends at Mom & Dad's


Britt & Mom


Britt

We came home on the afternoon of the 26th. (To a VERY cold house. Ask Trent. I won't tattle on him. Although I kind of already did, didn't I?) The next day, after the goldfish de-frosted, I ran in to get some after Christmas deals. It was fun! I had done that in a long time. We are the proud new owners of a twinkling 42" star. It WILL be on display next Christmas! (Even though the lights on our house we on for a mere 2 days before the fuse blew... they have not been on since. Hmmm.)



Maggie & Sadie


Our Gorgeous 11-Year-Old Yellow Lab Deuce

Saturday the 27th we went up to Walker for the Baumann Christmas. Gail & Erv have a great sliding hill, so we did some sledding. And I drank more hot buttered rum. Got lots of nice gifts, had good conversation, and ate lots of sugar. Again, what are the holidays for?

Today (Tuesday, Dec 30) I am home with the kiddos on vacation. We went outside in the new snow (about 7 inches so far I think) and dug into Trent mound of snow that he has been pushing up with the new 4-wheeler snow plow. (He is addicted to that thing. And don't let him tell you it is "work". Oh nooo. It is sheer pleasure, I tell you!) Anyway, we built some rather dangerous tunnels. I'll be sure nobody gets buried, don't worry.


Check out Sean's face.



Well, that was a longer post than I thought it would be! Hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas season, and I look forward to hearing from you all in the New Year.


Hot Buttered Rum

1 cup Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Butter
2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream, softened

Place sugars and butter in a sauce pan. Melt everything down and cook about 6-8 minutes (boil/simmer).

In a mixing bowl, add ice cream. Then add hot sugar mixture. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.

Add about 2-3 tablespoons of this ooey gooey goodness into a mug. Add some rum to your liking. Add boiling water to fill up the mug. Stir. Get all warm and toasty inside. Ahhh.

This keeps in the frig up to 2 weeks in a container!

3 comments:

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

You think of everything! When I read about the HBRs at the beginning, I thought to myself, "As soon as I finish reading this, I need to write a comment requesting the recipe." But now, I can simply comment and say, "Thanks!" I sure love hot winter drinks and always appreciate others finding the recipes that are good.

The Petersons said...

Everything is better buttered...and with rum. Happy New Year!

Ginger said...

I love the picture with Will and the bed head! Too cute!!