Friday, December 19, 2008

Trent says it is un-traditional, I say it is delicious.


I am breaking the mold. I am going way out on a limb. Trent is upset.

Well, I can do that if I want to! You see, last night I made fudge. It is not unusual for me to make fudge this time of year. I do bake. I make Sugar Cookies. I make Peanut Butter Blossoms. I make waxy almond bark covered pretzels. And I make fudge.

But this year I made the fudge a little differently, to the dismay of my husband. This year I made peanut-butter fudge. It looks no different than "traditional" fudge. I would understand if he was one of those people who did not like the peanut-butter chocolate combo (like my Dad)... but his favorite candy seems to be Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. So I thought I'd hit a grand slam. No, no, no. Instead what I get is a "I'm going to call my Mom and tell her you didn't make the fudge the "traditional" way. Ya know what? I'm gonna call YOUR MOM and tell her, too!" What nerve I say! To tell the lone cooker in the house that you are going to rat her out... on the mother-in-law AND mother, no less!

So here I am with my peanut-butter fudge. In all it's deliciousness, sitting here in front of me. And ya know what? I am hiding it. If Trent doesn't read this post before I can get to it at home, it's going missing. He wants his traditional fudge? Well, he's going to have to make it himself. HA! Like that will happen.

(The worst part? My mom calls last night and says "Don't worry Trent. I'll bring you some fudge.")

4 comments:

Hollee said...

Yum-O!!

Send the PB fudge my way! I'll be happy to devour it all in one sitting! :)

Just don't tell Stacy, 'cause then we'd have a fight on our hands!

Anonymous said...

You can hide the fudge in my office!
(And a funny side note, the word code I had to type in to gain access to comments was "duced"!! Is your dog in charge of your blog??!)
Jodi

Hope said...

I agree..send the PB fudge my way. I'll taste test it. My mother-in-law makes the best PB Fudge and puts m&ms in it! Way better than regular fudge.

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Hee hee! Hope you were able to enjoy it all to yourself. Perhaps it was a little subconscious sabbotage?